Effective Date: 05/25/2020. Revised: 01/03/2021
Acceptance of this Agreement.
Acceptance Through Using or Accessing the Services.
Please review the following terms carefully. By accessing or using the Services (or by clicking on “accept” or “agree” to this Agreement when prompted), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement on behalf of yourself or the entity or organization that you represent. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may not use or access the Services and must exit the Website immediately.
Eligibility Requirements to Use or Access the Services.
To use the Website or any other Services, you must be (i) at least  years old, (ii) a resident of the United States, and (iii) not a competitor of or using the Services for purposes that are competitive with the Company.
By accessing or using the Services, you represent and warrant that you meet all the foregoing eligibility requirements. You also represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement on your behalf or the entity or organization that you represent. If you do not meet all these requirements, you may not use or access the Services.
Changes to this Agreement.
The Company reserves the right to change this Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion without notice to you. The latest version of the Agreement will be posted on the Website and should be reviewed prior to accessing or using the Services. All changes will be effective immediately when posted on the Website and will apply to your use of and access to the Services from that point onward.
Access to the Services.
The Services may change from time to time as the Company evolves, refines, or adds more features to the Services. The Company reserves the right to modify, withdraw, or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, at any time without notice to you. You agree that the Company shall have no liability to you or any third party for any losses or damages caused by the Services not being available, in whole or in part, at any time or for any period.
Policy for Using the Services.
You may use the Services for lawful purposes only and in accordance with this Agreement. You agree not to use the Services in any way that could damage the Services or general business of the Company. You may only use the Services for your own personal, non-commercial use, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party.
The Company is based in the United States. The Services are for use by persons located in the United States only. By choosing to access the Services from any location other than the United States, you accept full responsibility for compliance with all local laws. The Company makes no representations that the Services or any of its content are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States.
Intellectual Property Rights.
Ownership of Intellectual Property.
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and patents, in the Services and its contents, features, and functionality (collectively, the “Content”), are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material. The Content is protected by U.S. and international intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. Neither this Agreement nor your access to the Services transfers to you any right, title, or interest in or to such intellectual property rights. Any rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by the Company and its licensors.
License to Use the Services.
During the Term of this Agreement, the Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, and revocable license to use and access the Content solely for personal and non-commercial use only in accordance with this Agreement. The Content may not be used for any other purpose. This license will terminate upon your cessation of use of the Services or at the termination of this Agreement.
The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions:
- No Copying or Distribution. You shall not copy, reproduce, publish, display, perform, post, transmit, or distribute any part of the Content in any form or by any means except as expressly permitted herein or as enabled by a feature, product, or the Services when provided to you.
- No Modifications. You shall not modify, create derivative works from, translate, adapt, disassemble, reverse compile, or reverse engineer any part of the Content.
- No Exploitation. You shall not sell, license, sublicense, transfer, assign, rent, lease, loan, host, or otherwise exploit the Content or the Services in any way, whether in whole or in part.
- No Altering of Notices. You shall not delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of the Content.
- No Competition. You shall not access or use the Content in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service.
- Systematic Retrieval. You shall not use any information retrieval system to create, compile, directly or indirectly, a database, compilation, collection or directory of the Content or other data from the Services.
All trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Services are either the Company’s property or the property of third parties. You may not use such trademarks, logos, or service marks without the prior written consent of their respective owners.
User Generated Content.
The Services may contain message boards, chatrooms, profiles, forums, and other interactive features that allow users to post, upload, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons content or materials (collectively, “User Content”) on or through the Services.
You are solely responsible for your User Content. Please consider carefully what you choose to share. All User Content must comply with the Content Standards set forth below. Any User Content you post on or through the Services will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assume all risks associated with the use of your User Content. This includes any reliance on its accuracy, completeness, reliability, or appropriateness by other users and third parties, or any disclosure of your User Content that personally identifies you or any third party. You agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable to any third party for any User Content posted by you or any other user of the Services.
You further agree that the Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any interactions between you and other users. Your interactions with other users are solely between you and such users. If there is a dispute between you and any other user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
You hereby grant to the Company an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, transferable, perpetual, and worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, in connection with the Services and the Company’s business including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Services in any media formats and through any media channels.
You agree not to send, knowingly receive, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content that does not comply with the following standards (“Content Standards”). User Content must not:
- Violate Laws or Obligations. Violate any applicable laws or regulations (including intellectual property laws and right of privacy or publicity laws), or any contractual or fiduciary obligations.
- Promote Illegal Activity or Harm to Others. Promote any illegal activity; advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act; or create any risk of any harm, loss, or damage to any person or property.
- Infringe Intellectual Property Rights. Infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Defamatory, Abusive, or Otherwise Objectionable Material. Contain any information or material that we deem to be unlawful, defamatory, trade libelous, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, abusive, threatening, harassing, harmful, violent, hateful, obscene, vulgar, profane, indecent, offensive, inflammatory, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), or otherwise objectionable. This includes any information or material that we deem to cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety, or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy another person.
- Promotion of Sexually Explicit Material or Discrimination. Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Fraudulent Information or Impersonation. Contain any information or material that is false, intentionally misleading, or otherwise likely to deceive any person including, without limitation, impersonating any person, or misrepresenting your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Commercial Activity. Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Endorsement by the Company. Represent or imply to others that it is in any way provided, sponsored, or endorsed by the Company or any other person or entity, if that is not the case.
Monitoring and Enforcement.
We reserve the right at all times, but are not obligated, to:
- take any action with respect to any User Content that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Content violates the Content Standards or any other provision in this Agreement, or creates liability for the Company or any other person. Such action may include reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- remove or reject any User Content for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- disclose any User Content, your identity, or electronic communication of any kind to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request, or to protect the rights or property of the Company or any other person.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of this Agreement.
We do not review User Content before it is posted on or through the Services, and therefore cannot ensure prompt removal of questionable User Content. Accordingly, the Company and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees or agents, assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. The Company shall have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or non-performance of the activities described in this Section.
Copyright Infringement (Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy).
The Company respects the intellectual property of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. It is the Company’s policy to terminate the users of our Services who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, please provide the following information in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to our designated copyright agent:
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you allege has been infringed;
- a description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please note that pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs, and attorneys’ fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
Designated copyright agent for the Company:
NAME: Erika A. Williams
ADDRESS: P.O. Box 88040, Los Angeles, CA 90009
TELEPHONE: (323) 739-1647
FAX: (323) 739-1650
Feedback to the Company.
If you provide the Company with any feedback or suggestions regarding the Services (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to the Company all rights in such Feedback and agree that the Company shall have the right to use and fully exploit such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. The Company will treat any Feedback that you provide to the Company as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to the Company any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
Assumption of Risk.
The information presented on or through the Services is made available for general information purposes only. The Company does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or quality of any such information. Any reliance on such information is strictly at your own risk. The Company disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by you or any other user to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
No Attorney-Client Relationship.
No attorney-client relationship was intended to be nor has been created between you and the Company as a result of this Agreement or access and use of the Services. You do not have nor are you owed the rights and duties afforded potential and current clients by accessing or use of the Services. Unless and until a consultation occurs, no attorney-client relationship exists and such a relationship may never be formed if the attorney determines there is a conflict of interest, the attorney is unable to provide the required representation, or the attorney declines representation for some other reason.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13 years old. If you are a child under 13 years old, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 years old may have provided us personal information, please contact us.
Third-Party Links and Ads.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites, resources, and services, as well as advertisements (collectively, “Third-Party Links”). Third-Party Links are provided for your convenience only. The Company does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links. The Company has no control over the contents, products, or services of any Third-Party Link and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any Third-Party Link, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Third-Party Link. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with any Third-Party Link.
The Company may suspend or terminate your access or rights to use the Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion, and without prior notice, including for any breach of the terms of this Agreement. Upon termination of your access or rights to use the Services, your right to access and use the Services will immediately cease. The Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any suspension or termination of your rights under this Agreement, including for termination of your account or deletion of your User Content. If you have registered for an account, you may terminate this Agreement at any time by contacting the Company and requesting termination.
Effect of Termination.
Upon termination of this Agreement, any provisions that by their nature should survive termination shall remain in full force and effect. This includes, without limitation, ownership or intellectual property provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the Services shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to termination or limit any liability that you otherwise may have to the Company or any third party. You understand that any termination of your access to and use of the Services may involve deletion of your User Content associated with your account from our databases.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE SERVICES. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICES ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THIRD-PARTY LINKS, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY OTHER USER.
THE SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE.
Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, ANY THIRD-PARTY LINK, OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR SUCH THIRD-PARTY LINK, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE, OR PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICES.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and permitted assigns (collectively, “Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all losses, claims, actions, suits, complaints, damages, liabilities, penalties, interest, judgments, settlements, deficiencies, disbursements, awards, fines, costs, fees, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, fees and other costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Agreement, and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers, arising out of or relating to your breach of this Agreement or your use or misuse of the Services including, but not limited to, your User Content or any actions taken by a third party using your account. The Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to assist and cooperate with our defense or settlement of these claims.
All matters relating to this Agreement, and all matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement, whether sounding in contract, tort, or statute are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflict of law principles.
Any action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Services shall be brought only in a state or federal court located in the State of California, County of Los Angeles, although we retain the right to bring any suit, action, or proceeding against you for breach of this Agreement in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You hereby irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of these courts and waive the defense of inconvenient forum to the maintenance of any action or proceeding in such venues.
At the Company’s sole discretion, it may require any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof, to be submitted to and decided by a single arbitrator by binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association in Los Angeles, California. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties and may be entered and enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction by either party. The prevailing party in the arbitration proceedings shall be awarded reasonable attorneys’ fees, expert witness costs and expenses, and all other costs and expenses incurred directly or indirectly in connection with the proceedings, unless the arbitrator shall for good cause determine otherwise.
All arbitrations shall proceed on an individual basis. You agree that you may bring claims against the Company in arbitration only in your individual capacities and in so doing you hereby waive the right to a trial by jury, to assert or participate in a class action lawsuit or class action arbitration (either as a named-plaintiff or class member), and to assert or participate in any joint or consolidated lawsuit or joint or consolidated arbitration of any kind. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary under the rules of the American Arbitration Association, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph’s limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
Limitation to Time to File Claims.
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY WAIVED AND BARRED.
Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure of the Company to exercise, or delay by the Company in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
If any term or provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
This Agreement, together with all documents referenced herein, constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to the subject matter contained herein. This Agreement supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof.
Headings and titles of sections, clauses, and parts in this Agreement are for convenience only. Such headings and titles shall not affect the meaning of any provisions of the Agreement.
No Agency, Partnership or Joint Venture.
No agency, partnership, or joint venture has been created between you and the Company as a result of this Agreement. You do not have any authority of any kind to bind the Company in any respect whatsoever.
You shall not assign or delegate any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Company. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section shall be deemed null and void. No assignment or delegation shall relieve you of any of your obligations hereunder. The Company may freely assign or delegate its rights and obligations under this Agreement at any time. Subject to the limits on assignment stated above, this Agreement will inure to the benefit of, be binding on, and be enforceable against each of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
The Services may be subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations. You agree to abide by these laws and their regulations (including, without limitation, the Export Administration Act and the Arms Export Control Act) and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any materials from the Services to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of such laws or regulations.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the designated copyright agent as provided in Section 5 (User Content). All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: 05/25/2020
This Policy applies to information we collect on the Website and through your use of the Services generally (including when you register for an account), and through communications between you and the Website (including email, text, and other electronic messages). It also applies to information collected
This Policy does not apply to information collected by third parties, including any websites, services, and applications that you elect to access through the Services.
Please review this Policy carefully. By accessing or using the Services (or by clicking on “accept” or “agree” to this Policy when prompted), you agree to the terms of this Policy on behalf of yourself or the entity or organization that you represent. If you do not agree to any term in this Policy, you should refrain from further use of our Services.
Children Using or Accessing the Services.
The Services and its content are not intended for, nor directed at, children under the age of thirteen (13). No one under the age of thirteen (13) may provide any personal information to or on the Services. Please note that we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not attempt to use or register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If it is determined that we have inadvertently collected or received personally identifiable information from a child under the age of thirteen (13, we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of thirteen (13) has given us information, you can contact us at The Law Office of Erika A. Williams, P.O. Box 88040, Los Angeles, CA 90009.
This Policy was last revised on the date noted at the top of this page. We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes, we will post the updated Policy on this page and notify you of such changes by means of an email to the email address specified in your account, a message on the Services, or through a notice on the Website home page. Your continued use of the Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect.
We receive several types of information about you from various sources, including (A) information and content that you give us; (B) automatically-collected information; (C) demographic information or other aggregate information; and, (D) information from other sources.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including to:
- provide the Services and its content to you;
- respond to comments and questions, and provide customer service;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information;
- communicate with you about your order, purchase, account, or subscription;
- inform you about important changes to, or other news about, the Services or any of its features or content;
- operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and analyze the Services;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities for marketing or advertising purposes;
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches, fraud, and other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on the Services;
- send promotional communications, such as information about features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events;
- share information across the Company’s products and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Company products you use;
- develop, test and improve new products or services, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Share Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated or anonymized information about our users without any restrictions. We will not share your personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy except in the following circumstances:
- With subsidiaries and affiliates for business purposes. To our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision-making, and other business purposes.
- When we work with service providers. To service providers, contractors, and other third parties that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email and postal delivery, location mapping, product and service delivery, or analytics services, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- When we become involved in a sale or transfer of the Company. If we become involved with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets (whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding), to business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- When we are required by law. To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To help protect lawful interests. If we believe disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, partners, agents, and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, and spam and malware prevention.
- To fulfill the purpose for that information or with your consent. To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent.
- When we work with marketing service providers. To marketing service providers to assess, develop, and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you, administer contests, sweepstakes, and events, or for other promotional purposes.
- When we work with business partners. To third parties whom we have strategic marketing alliances or partnerships with for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you.
Information that you post on or through the public areas of the Services (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards, and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contacts from others. Users of the Services are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves in public or interactive areas.
Mechanisms to Control Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Communications from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third-party products or services, you can opt-out by informing us of your preference at the time you register for an account, complete an order form, sign up for our newsletter, or complete any other form on or through the Services which we collect your data; modifying your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes; following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you; or sending us an email stating your request. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you transactional communications, including emails about your account or purchases.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by informing us of your preference at the time you register for an account, complete an order form, sign up for our newsletter, or complete any other form on or through the Services which we collect your data; modifying your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes; following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you; or sending us an email stating your request.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by modifying your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or sending us an email stating your request. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out on these pages, visit http://www.AboutAds.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org.
- Location Information. You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by disabling location services within the device settings; or denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- Voice Transmissions. You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that your voice transmissions cannot be sent to us or third parties by disabling microphone and speech recognition services within the device settings; or denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access microphone and speech recognition services by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference you can set in most web browsers. When you turn on this preference, it sends a signal or message to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Please note that we currently do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You may send us an email to request access to, correct, or remove any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Content from the Services or your account, copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Services.
California Privacy Rights.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: The Law Office of Erika A. Williams, P.O. Box 88040, Los Angeles, CA 90009.
We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request.
How We Protect Your Information.
We take reasonable precautions to secure your personal information. We have implemented technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your information. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. When you transmit highly sensitive information (such as a credit card number) through the Services, we encrypt the transmission of that information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or any other Services.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. You can contact us at:
The Law Office of Erika A. Williams
P.O. Box 88040
Los Angeles, CA 90009